Blockstack enables a new generation of apps that empower users by putting them in control.
Our team is headquartered in New York City and includes computer scientists from Princeton, Stanford, MIT and other top universities. We are recognized as one of the most well-respected decentralized computing projects for engineering excellence, application quality, and regulatory compliance. Blockstack is, quite simply, the best learning-lab on earth for those who want to level-up their experience and impact in blockchain and decentralized tech.
Our open-source community is at the heart of everything we do, and our team constantly engages with external experts, users, and builders via Slack, GitHub, Twitter, and the Blockstack Forum. Blockstack PBC has raised $50M+ to develop protocols and developer tools for our ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp means we have goals beyond profit, which allows us to focus on defending digital rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem. We also care deeply about building a diverse team. Read more about our engineering team on Key Values, Jopwell, HireTechLadies, and PowerToFly.
Working at Blockstack
- Collaborate with the brightest minds: Blockstack was started at Princeton by a small team of computer scientists. First principles thinking and critical inquiry are in our team DNA. Brainstorming, debate, and collaboration are encouraged at all roles and job levels.
- Remote first: Our team is mostly remote, and our daily rituals and meetings are planned to be remote friendly. We offer flexible work hours and try to keep Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays meeting free.
- Community and ecosystem: The Blockstack team is small, but our open-source community is massive. We share our Slack with over 7,000 blockchain engineers, decentralized app developers, and crypto investors. We also hold over 100 global events, meetups, hackathons, and developer summits each year. Our community is a great resource for learning and growth beyond our core team.
- Growth potential: The Blockstack ecosystem is still in its early days and we are rapidly growing. By joining now, you’ll work on the leading edge of blockchain technology, policy, and innovation. We offer an environment that encourages you to work on side projects, spearhead that new campaign, take responsibility of cutting-edge tech roll-out, and in some cases, join new teams.
- Running a marathon, not a sprint: The world is not going to move away from centralized services to more secure, decentralized alternatives within a few years. Given the scale of long-term work we’re taking on, it’s extremely important to us that team members don’t burn themselves out or miss out on life. We don’t just pay lip service to work/life balance, it’s a core strategy for success.
- Equity and Stacks tokens (the native token of the Blockstack platform).
- Remote workers can expense coworking spaces.
- An annual $1,200 budget for learning and education.
- Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
- Three weeks (15 days) paid time off.
- Unlimited sick days.
- 100% paid gold level health benefits, including vision and dental with no deductible.
- Free life and disability insurance.
- Health and dependent care FSAs.
- 401k with 3% match.
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment.